2016-2017 Athletic Packets
Before you can practice or try out for a team you must be cleared for participation by the Athletic Director, Mr. Mayer. This includes any practices which are identified as tryouts for sports that make cuts.
Each school year, an Athletic Packet must be printed, completed, and submitted to Room 101C to be cleared for participation.
The very best time to submit your completed Athletic Packet for Fall sports is during text book distribution for your grade:
To download and print an ATHLETIC PACKET, click HERE.
An Athletic Packet contains:
1. 2016-17 Quick Info and Checklist Coversheet. (Once per school year.)
2. Receipt showing payment of the $25.00 Athletic fee ($30.00 if cleared after team has begun practicing.) This is per sport and is non-refundable. This fee is paid in the main office before submitting completed forms to Room 101C. The main office will issue your receipt upon payment. Personal checks are accepted from August 1st to March 1st. Cash or Money Orders only from March 1st to July 31st.)
3. Reagan Student-Athlete Handbook Verification. (Once per school year. Click here for the 2016-17 Reagan Student-Athlete Handbook. Students and parents are responsible for the information in this handbook. The handbook should not be submitted as part of the Athletic Packet.)
4. Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement. (Once per school year.)
7. Physical Examination form signed by a physician. (Physicals for incoming 9th grade students must be dated after 1/1/16. Physicals taken before 4/1/16 are good only for the 2016-2017 school year. Physicals taken on or after 4/1/16 are good for the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years.)
8. Authorization for Release of Medical Information. (Once per school year)
9. Athletic Permit Card and City-Wide Rules and Regulations, two-sided. (Once per school year.)
10. Athletic Emergency Information. (Once per each sport. Click HERE to download and print this form only.)
11. Copy of your family health insurance card. (Once per school year. Student-athlete insurance can be purchased at www.studentinsurance-kk.com. Print and submit the proof of coverage.)
12. Academic Eligibility: Students are allowed a maximum of one ‘U’ in the previous mark period. 11th and 12th graders must also meet a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the previous mark period. Academically ineligible athletes may practice, but must recertify to participate in contests.
13. Any unfinished business must be cleared with the office. This includes all student fees, which must be paid in order to be cleared for practice. (9th Grade $60, 10th Grade $60, 11th Grade $60, 12th Grade $175 payable in installments, $50 due at book distribution, $50 due September 23, $50 due November 18, $25 due on February 3. Senior IB Testing Fees paid in full by December 1.)
14. (Optional) Student-athletes at Reagan have an opportunity to participate in a study to determine how many sports-related concussions occur in Wisconsin high School athletes, how these injuries are managed, and how they affect athletes after injury.
Information about the study is here.
The forms required by to participate in the study are here. These forms can be submitted with your Athletic Packet to the Athletic Director, Mr. Mayer.
Please direct Athletic Packet and athletic clearance questions to Mr. Mayer, 414-304-6254, Room 101C, email@example.com.